An all inclusive catalog of both bluing up my mopeds and bluing up my mopeds
and proper installation of racing clicks.

20130124

Baretta Magnum

Hi everybody! I've got 1 or 2 new projects I MIGHT remember to post about, but I also MIGHT forget! Probably!

Picked up this 1978 Baretta Magnum the other day. Since it only has 500~ miles on it, and the taillight and external coil were loose, my theory is that a taillight bulb blew causing the bike to lose spark, someone lazily searched for spark, and then the bike sat for the last 35 years. I grounded the blue wire, and ZAP!, had spark instantly. I expect to have it running and rideable by this weekend with rebuilt wheels and a NOS piston & cylinder.

Tank inside is super duper clean. I pryed the stuck piston out of the rusty cylinder and the engine was full of oily green goo, which is better than rusty!



1 comment:

LOOK AT ALL THESE PEOPLE LOOK AT THEM ARE BLOGGITO FLEET